Bruil & Brandsma Works of Art is responsible for the processing of personal data conforming to the requirements of the applicable data protection legislation. This means that we decide which personal data are processed, for which purpose and in which manner.
We are responsible for the correct and accurate processing of your data, in accordance to the General Data Protection Legislation (GDPR) (in Dutch ‘Algemene Verordening Gegevensbescherming’ (AVG)).
- Personal data are all the data that disclose information about a natural person. The following information may be used and processed:
- your name, address, telephone number and email address (for the purposes of our legitimate interests in operating and promoting our company);
- your financial data i.e. your bank name, account number and payment details (for the purposes of our legitimate interests in operating our company);
- history of purchases by or to us
- information related to your attendance of, and interest in, events and art fairs (for the purposes of our legitimate interests in operating and promoting our company);
- information that you give us by filling in forms on our website (e.g. the contact us section or to sign up to our mailing list) or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise or in person at our events and art fairs (for the purposes of our legitimate interests in operating and promoting our company);
- when browsing our site, your IP address, your browser type and language (for the purposes of our legitimate interests in operating and promoting our company);
- information in relation to selling or purchasing art works or by using of our services (for the purposes of our legitimate interests in operating and promoting our company);
- CCTV footage (to prevent burglary but also to protect our employees and clients).
Personal data processing
We use these data in order to carry out purchases, restorations or other assignments. We may pass your personal data to third parties who are service providers, agents and subcontractors to us for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (e.g. restorers, shippers or couriers). We demand of these persons to handle these data in the most careful manner and to only use them for the intended purpose.
In order to protect our possessions and the security of our clients and employees, we use visible and invisible security camera’s. In case of violation we will share the footage with third parties, the police and legal authorities, in accordance with the legislation and agreements with the ‘Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens’.
We like to keep our clients and those who gave us permission to do so, up to date with our acquisitions and events. We may use your data to send (digital) newsletters.
Our website uses functional cookies. You will be asked to accept them or you may install your browser in such way that they are accepted automatically. Cookies are small text files that are installed on your computer in order to help third parties to analyse how visitors use our site. We also use Google Analytics to monitor the use of our website and refer to the privacy statement of Google Analytics.
Protection of personal data
We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personal data from loss, misuse, or unauthorised alteration or destruction. The stored data are protected with a password and the employees working with them are bound by a confidentiality agreement.
Retention of personal data
We will keep your personal data for as long it is in our legitimate interest to do so or for as long as is necessary to comply with our legal obligations. This may vary in each specific case. As a reasonable starting-point we use the agreed period of guarantee and / or the legal retentions.
You have rights the following rights:
- to access your personal data;
- to be provided with information about how your personal data is processed;
- to have your personal data corrected;
- to have your personal data deleted;
- to hand the personal data that we process to a third party at your request
If you wish to exercise any of these rights (subject to applicable local laws), or have complaints about our processing of your personal information, please contact us as in writing. You can also lodge a complaint about our processing of your personal information with the body regulating data protection in your country.
You may send your written requests or complaints to:
Bruil & Brandsma Works of Art/ Bruil & Brandsma Asian Art
1017 KA Amsterdam